- Real deboned meat is always the first ingredient. This high quality protein helps build and maintain healthy muscle tissue, support healthy skin and coat with omega fatty acids, and foster joint health with glucosamine and chondroitin.
- Powerful levels of Omega 6 and Omega 3 fatty acids for healthy skin and coat, and leading levels of glucosamine and chondroitin to support healthy hips and joints.
- Pea free, lentil free and potato free, plus all of our Classic Healthy Grains dry dog food recipes are supplemented with Taurine to ensure a balanced diet.
- Features a unique blend of ancient grains, like quinoa, to support optimal digestion while being free from potato, corn and soy.
- All Merrick recipes are crafted in our Hereford, TX kitchen and cooked in the USA, in facilities that uphold strict FDA guidelines.
Deboned Beef, Pork Meal, Brown Rice, Barley, Oatmeal, Pork Fat, Salmon Meal, Natural Flavor, Lamb Meal, Quinoa, Flaxseed, Salt, Sunflower Oil, Organic Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Carrots, Apples, Minerals (Iron Amino Acid Complex, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Zinc Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Copper Amino Acid Complex, Potassium Iodide, Cobalt Proteinate, Cobalt Carbonate), Taurine, Chia Seed, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride), Citric Acid for freshness, Dried Lactobacillus plantarum Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product.
Merrick Classic Healthy Grains Real Beef + Brown Rice with Ancient Grains Dog Food is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for maintenance.
*If an item has an *, this nutrient is not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Nutrient Profiles.
|Goal Weight (lbs)||Calories Per Day||Cups Per Day (Approx)|
|15||464||1 1/4 cups|
|20||575||1 1/2 cups|
|40||968||2 1/2 cups|
|60||1312||3 1/3 cups|
|70||1472||3 3/4 cups|
|80||1627||4 1/4 cups|
|90||1778||4 1/2 cups|
For dogs over 100 lbs: add 1/2 cup per additional 10 lbs
Using the chart, divide the total cups per day by the total number of times you feed your dog per day to determine the portion size for each meal. Keep a clean bowl of fresh water available at all times. Every dog is a little different, so optimal feeding amounts may vary with age, size and activity level. Please use the information below as an initial recommendation only and adjust when needed. Dry and wet food in combination will help to increase the level of water in your dog’s diet. If feeding with wet food, reduce dry amount by 1⁄2 cup for every 6 oz. of wet food.
Transitioning: Gradually mix in the new food over a 5-7 day period, increasing the amount of Classic Healthy Grains Real Beef + Brown Rice Recipe with Ancient Grains Dog Food each day.
3,648 kcal/kg or 386 kcal/cup ME (metabolizable energy) on an as-fed basis (calculated).