ü Large Kibble
High Meat Low Carb
Oats and Barley are Slow to Digest Grains
Prebiotics to Help Digestion
Taurine and DL-Methionine for Healthy Heart
Canadian Pork and NZ Lamb
Unique organic minerals for deeper coat color and improved mobility
At Boréal we strive to make the best food for every dog and cat. We source every possible ingredient from Canadian farms and fisheries. Boréal Proper Large Breed Red Meat is a high meat, low carb food with low glycemic index oats and barley added as ‘good grains’. We centre around low glycemic foods; to help keep your pet healthy.
- We use high quality lamb meal as the first ingredient – lamb is an excellent source of iron, phosphorus, selenium and zinc and a food source of protein and dietary fat.
- We use larger kibble in our large breed food as well reduce the protein level to help control the growth rate of the larger breeds
- Boréal Proper is built around low glycemic index foods – with goal of keeping your pet feeling full longer compared to foods with potato, white rice, corn or soy.
- Boréal Proper is grain inclusive food using oats and barley, both low glycemic index 'good grains' – we use no artificial colours, preservatives or flavours.
- This is an everyday diet which can be used to help keep weight off your adult dog as well can be used as a hypoallergenic formula.
At Boréal we add a unique blend of organic minerals to all our foods to help produce a better coloured, softer coat. A recent study found in addition to better coat color, footpads became smoother and less sore leading to more activity. Ask us about Propath® Pet from Zinpro® Performance
Lamb meal, pearled barley, oat groats, brown rice, barley, pork meal, pea protein, pork fat, brewers dried yeast, alfalfa meal, northern white pea bean, pea, natural liver flavour, potassium chloride, dried apple, dried carrot, salt, yeast extract, dried chicory root, fumaric acid, lactic acid, citric acid, malic acid, thyme extract, choline chloride, taurine, DL-methionine, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, vitamin E supplement, copper sulfate, folic acid supplement, vitamin B12 supplement, vitamin A supplement, niacin supplement, selenium yeast, manganese oxide, calcium pantothenate supplement, riboflavin, biotin supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, calcium iodate, zinc amino acid complex, manganese amino acid complex, iron amino acid complex, dried cranberries, dried blueberry, yucca schidigera extract.
GUARANTEED AND TYPICAL ANALYSIS
Crude Protein (min) 24%, Crude Fat (min) 12%, Crude Fiber (max) 5%, Moisture (max) 10%, Ash (max) 6.5%, Calcium (min) 1.6%, Phosphorous (min) 1.23%, Zinc (min) 100mg/kg, Omega-3 Fatty Acids (min)* 0.9%, Omega-6 Fatty Acids (min)* 4.49%, Glucosamine (Naturally Occurring)* (min) 400mg/kg
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles
CALORIE CONTENT (Calculated ME): 3500 kcal/kg - 440 kcal/cup
To create our typical analysis information we use ingredient data from recent lab analyses along with expected vales from the ingredients database. This chart will give more information than you would see in our guaranteed analysis, but is not intended to represent absolute values.
As-Is Basis (%)
Dry Matter Basis (%)
As-Is Basis (mg/kg)
Dry Matter Basis (mg/kg)
RECOMMENDED FEEDING CHART (PER DAY)
Dog Weight - Active Dog
Lbs Kg Cups Grams 66 lb
600 132 lb
Less Active Adult Weight
Lbs Kg Cups Grams 66 lb
NOTE: Pregnant dogs may require 2-3 times more than the adult amount. Nursing dogs may require 2-4 times the adult amount. Feed as much food as required to maintain the pregnant, nursing dog’s ideal body condition.
Note: We recommend puppies be fed all life stage diets before switching to a large breed food at 9 -12 months old.